This week at its AirWorks convention in Dallas, DJI unveiled new options, together with a drone flight simulator, flight management app and upgraded flight planning software, in addition to new collaborations with business companions.
The brand new DJI Flight Simulator is designed to create a sensible flight expertise for pilots in coaching, permitting them to hone their expertise with out the prices, restrictions and potential dangers of real-life coaching, says DJI. It runs on a pc and is managed by a DJI drone distant controller. Pilots take off and fly in a lifelike atmosphere, which will be manipulated to supply totally different wind and climate situations, lighting, and visibility.
The simulator permits pilots to follow flying in diverse environments, akin to an island or a metropolis panorama, in addition to prepare for a particular utility, akin to energy line inspections or search-and-rescue missions. Enterprises may customise coaching programs to satisfy their particular necessities. The system helps most DJI drones, together with the Mavic 2 Enterprise, the Phantom four Professional, the Encourage 2 and the Matrice 210 RTK.
Suitable with DJI enterprise drones, the corporate’s flight management app for skilled work, DJI Pilot, is now out of beta and is accessible on each Android and iOS units.
DJI says the app permits pilots to construct detailed operations into their flight plans and generate semi-automatic inspection functionality. It might probably create and management the parameters of a flight, in addition to photograph and video operations, alongside the way in which. It might probably function a variety of payloads, together with the Zenmuse XT2 thermal imaging digital camera and the Zenmuse Z30 zoom digital camera; equipment for the brand new Mavic 2 Enterprise; and third-party payloads constructed on the DJI Payload SDK.
DJI Pilot additionally integrates with different DJI software program techniques for enterprise functions. It might probably share a reside video feed and real-time flight knowledge from a drone with the DJI FlightHub fleet administration software program; it helps Native Information Mode operations, which sever all web connections to make sure buyer knowledge stays safe; and it shows warnings from the DJI AirSense system when a Mavic 2 Enterprise or Matrice 200 Collection drone detects a sign from a close-by airplane or helicopter.
Subsequent, DJI has upgraded its Floor Station Professional (GS Professional) app, a flight route planning software that provides essential missions added accuracy and reliability, the corporate says. With Model 2.zero, enterprises can handle fleets of drones, the pilots who function them, the missions they fly and the info they generate.
GS Professional’s enhanced performance permits cloud knowledge storage and backup, in addition to enhanced knowledge sharing choices, permitting solely groups with vital permissions to view and function related flight missions.
The interface now additionally lets customers plan and execute automated flight missions with only a few faucets. Pilots and managers can create repeatable missions, enhancing reliability and accuracy in flight operations, in addition to evaluate previous flights to optimize future missions.
- Southern Co. has formalized its ongoing collaboration with DJI by asserting it’s now an answer improvement companion. The corporate will assist co-develop and check personalized drone options for utilities.
- Microsoft is growing methods to combine its instruments with DJI drones with a view to allow a variety of economic Web of Issues situations. Microsoft and DJI are additionally asserting the general public preview of the DJI Windows SDK, by way of which drone answer builders can wirelessly switch photographs to Home windows-powered edge units, combine and management drones and third-party payloads by way of Home windows apps, and convey real-time AI and machine studying capabilities to imagery from DJI drones – in flip, rising the way in which drones can be utilized and scaled within the enterprise.
- Propeller Aero has launched the Propeller PPK solution, which is a totally built-in software program and system that leverages DJI’s Phantom four RTK drone.
- Skycatch has introduced that the Skycatch Edge1 GNSS base station is now out there worldwide. Manufactured by DJI, the Edge1 streamlines workflows with centimeter-level knowledge outputs in underneath 30 minutes and provides DJI customers the flexibility to course of and obtain knowledge with out the necessity for web or mobile connectivity.
- Kespry has built-in the DJI Mavic 2 Professional drone as a part of its stockpile measurement answer for mining and aggregates firms.
After all, at AirWorks, DJI additionally demonstrated the brand-new Mavic 2 Enterprise, a conveyable, foldable drone designed for companies, governments, educators and different professionals.